Mobile & Online Banking Safety Tips
Below are simple tips to help you keep your accounts safe online.
- Use unique passwords for all financial online accounts. Never share your password, account number, Password/PIN or answers to security questions.
- Change your passwords frequently. PCB recommends changing your passwords every 60 days.
- Do not save credit/debit card, bank account or routing numbers, or other financial information on your computer, phone or tablet. Instead, keep a list that is stored in a safe, secure place away from your computer.
- Be careful when using a password on a mobile device. Set your devices to automatically lock after a selected period of time to ensure no one can access your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Do not give your financial information over the phone or Internet if you do not know who is asking for it. Call the bank directly using the phone number on the back of your debit/credit card, or visit the bank to speak with someone in person. PCB will never contact or text you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited phone call or text request is fraudulent.
- Be aware of the location of your mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) at all times. Only log on financial websites when you have a secure, safe and trusted Internet connection.
- Contact PCB immediately if you think your online identity has been compromised. The sooner you alert proper authorities about suspicious activity, the sooner it can be resolved.
- For additional information about Cyber Security Awareness, visit Stay Safe Online.